Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Back in the studio

September was a memorable month, our daughter Katie and Justin took the PLUNGE off Point Loma. Point Loma is on the California coast in San Diego and Coronado. Coronado is our old home town where Katie and our son Chris grew up and went to school. 

My one and only painting of Point Loma - coincidentally we were anchored where the white cat is breaking the water line and landmass (left of center)....How cool was that! 

 #317 Point Loma - View from the beach at Coronado Shores 20x24 oil on linen (4-4-10)

THE PLUNGE!!

 Both are water babies - enjoy the swim:=)

Our view reminded me of some of Monet's paintings (below)

1889 Sunlight on the Petit Creuse

 1889 Gorge of the Petite Creuse

September was a hit and miss month when it came to productive studio time...too many distractions so I'm hoping October will be more quiet and more productive. Besides...LOL, I still have 4,145 paintings left to paint in my life goal of 5000 so I can't sit on my duff too long and expect to meet the challenge. I know, its a silly challenge and a lot of paintings... well in 2009 it was a fun number and perhaps doable then;  I wasn't painting billboards. For me it's an important learning process I take seriously.

Lots has happened over the last few years, I'm still on course, learning something new each day.  I enjoy doing my blog, recording my learning process, my painting history and occasionally chatting about the business/marketing end of it. This last year has evolved into covering each painting in chronological order. Much easier to do when completing one painting at a time, as I do. My blog is not meant to be a teaching blog, because I'm not a teacher nor an artist who does workshops. I am a full time professional painter and don't feel I have the ability to do both well.

I find the art world a fascinating moving target. I always knew it was complex in nature, lots of levels and even more players....everyone seems to paint or wants to.....I guess good for the teaching artists....no shortage of eager students. These days there are many good qualified teachers and workshops not available in my youth. It's a wonderful time to be an artist at any level!

SOLD!

#426 Venice Canal - Bridge Hugger 16x20 oil on linen (12-29-11)

#816 HOP 44x40 oil on linen (5-14-13)

Congratulations to LeGrand Fine Art for a very successful September Soiree! 

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment