Thursday, May 8, 2014

A weeks worth of paint and canvas

My 72x96 sizing up canvas is OFF TO A ROUGH START....I deviated from my original drawing straight off.......dumb! I chose a closer view as opposed to my original interior room concept, plus I'm not using a model. I was curious if it were possible to develop my figure only from a drawing based on shapes that felt right, a light source, and simply follow the light.

However, my main focus got positioned wrong within my composition!!! I had solutions, but when it's off, it's off. So after two days I decided not to waste another moment on it! Scraping and some mineral spirits and a bit of gesso will give me and my canvas a fresh start.....one of the pitfalls of sizing up.

 REGROUPING!

72x96  is a nice shape - my mistake here is the straight lineup (red line) I created with my composition, perhaps OK for a landscape but not here. Also, because it was late in the day, I played in my background and inadvertently shut the painting down! I really needed to work from my figure out......wont make that mistake again!

I didn't want to start a fresh canvas so I let it dry and my gesso didn't cover all that well....second coat tomorrow.......gurrrr!  

Later that day I went to LeGrand's May Gathering Reception for a much needed drink!

 Time to relax and enjoy the art and conversation

First stop....Best bartender ever!
 Art is in the air
 Always a good grazing table at LeGrand's
Wonderful company in a beautiful setting for art, Sue LeGrand is on right chatting with friends
My favorite spot over the mantle - one of these days my fellow exhibitors will figure it out and push me off it...:=)
Perhaps new artist and water colourist Susan Ludwig-Peyron (left with white scarf) will..:=)
Guess who's admiring a really stunning Brian Blood Sunset.....more competition for my other favorite mantle spot! Theirs! However Brian would be a very good fit for this lovely couples collection.

Happy camper!! Shelly Fullerborn proudly showing off her and husbands newest painting acquisition....that little guy looks familiar!

SOLD!
 201 English Landscape 8x10 oil on panel (12-30-09)

Congratulations LeGrand Fine Art!

COMMISSION APPROVED!
897 A Day at the Beach - Hollands 16x36 oil on linen (4-30-14)

Congratulations Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment