Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shades of 2009

I'm over the first wave of what turned out to be a major move. The simple decision to release my early paintings wasn't so simple in the end. It caused me to re-think my space.. how I would display and market these paintings. It then became logical to include my website and perhaps wrap it up with my AAC ad.....all things no longer effective as they once were. I had to evaluate Crossroads as a businessman not as an artist wanting good walls to paint for......a new wrinkle in my game!

2009 produced a large number of paintings and will be released in related subject groups. The first release covers local Richmond subjects, all small works, nothing larger than 20x24. In total about 40 paintings will be displayed at a time. As paintings are sold they will be replaced with like work and after two months exchanged for another subject.

Friday night we were ready and looking good, but only after a lot of scurrying around, finding frames, painting walls, adding signage, adjusting lighting...even a last minute title change. 

Shades of 2009
IN SEARCH of  LIGHT & COLOUR



2009 was a great painting year. My main goal was always about sizing up!! Starting out small, deliberately working each size up until I became comfortable with it and the subject matter. Frequently repeating the process if it was a view or an idea that worked well. My subject became important very early on. As it turned out, I don't have what you would call "studies or incomplete paintings".  Most, if not all, are finished paintings with the exception of plein air which were of the moment and never carried into the studio for additional work.

This exhibit and the slideshow illustrates that working process well. A process that worked so well I decided to produce quality Giclee's of the final paintings.....another project that will most likely take more of my valuable painting time..:=)....It never ends!

Back in 2009 I had a website, but my one and only 2009 sale was off the internet and believe it or not the buyer was 10 minutes away. Google's search engine is a very cool resource as we all know.....especially if we use important KEY WORDS in our titles!....:=)

SOLD - 2009
15 Libby Terrace Fountain 14x18 Plein air oil (4-17-09)

The full exhibit can be viewed on my website. SHADES of 2009 - In Search of Light & Colour

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment