Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fresh start - Series 11

One especially large 72x96 canvas, 899 from series 1, still had my attention..... not the result, but the idea of pond reflections behind it. I thought it would make a good baseline for the next one!
BASELINE
899 original 72x96
SECESSION 1
899-1 Reworked 72X96
The first session was about unification and decluttering. Using a vertical stripe pattern, I ran a transparent 3-colour prism effect representing how light breaks down into colour. I stayed with my original composition. The hot spots represent sunlight hitting a water surface. And yes, it will have a single Koi fish...perhaps over a gold leaf base. If nothing else comes out of this painting, I like the 3-colour stripe effect! As it stands now this painting has potential!
SESSION 2
899-2 Progress
This area needs some attention
Over all better
Detail of change
Koi not quite there yet
 Better
I did add some gold leaf under my golden Koi - however in the end most of it was covered - so I'm not sure what value it adds.
SESSION 3 - LAST DAY 
 899-2 Pond Reflections 72x96 oil on linen (7-7-14)
 The only question I have banging around in my head, did I need that Koi fish or not?
Koi removed via Photoshop
Now that's an interesting development! One I might move on after a few more paintings. 

Regardless, all-in-all I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm not sure whats next other than start a new one along the same lines and see what develops.

Later.....



No comments:

Post a Comment