Thursday, July 24, 2014

So far the ball seems to be rolling along in my favor

I think it's official. I'm on a good old proverbial roll! Just finished #913, the 3rd in a row I liked, a painting that reached my goal, done without hesitation at any point. For me that's the key to any roll. This roll started out with the culmination of Koi painting 911 that I liked so much it's my AAC ad for September. Also, no point trying to top it for awhile so I moved on to sun and atmosphere....again using high contrast as the driving force for this series of less-is-more paintings. Another requirement, it helps to be in the mood, the mood to paint fast and furious!
SESSION 1 (Alla prima)
913 Merging Sunlight 36x36 oil on linen (7-22-14)
Detail
These dark ones are hard to get good photos of , so these are my best so far. Distant shots sometimes get a truer feeling of a painting.

I think a sculler would make a good addition to this setting - only on a fresh canvas. I wouldn't dare mess with this one!

Later.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment