Friday, January 8, 2016

Fresh starts and the good stuff!

Each year at this time I like to think we are granted the opportunity for reinvention, amnesty for past deeds and transgressions.......a fresh start to do better. Knowing full well celebrations and forgiveness is just a blink away. Whatever way it works out, I sign off and try not to look back!

My new series, "Singular Focus Two" is about gold leaf and oil......even went so far as to order the good stuff ! So I know the game is afoot......if it ever gets here...:=)

My first painting of the year (below) was more about spontaneous combustion "in the mood" than planned. They burn fast, often with no care for the outcome, just zero thinking and the joy of pushing paint! Could have been a wall with one colour and worked effectively as an "unwinding" tool.......something to shake out the dust and cobwebs! 

CANVAS 1014 - 30x30 linen gallery wrap

After the heat I realized, I left off the damn signature.....kinda put a damper on the wet-in-wet moment!  Just as well..... always better to sleep on it before moving on......

UNTITLED 30x30 oil on linen wrap (1-3-16 canvas 1014)

A FEW DETAILS

GOOD STUFF - MOON GOLD IS HERE!
The small square is the Moon Gold and the big piece is standard gold metal leaf. 

Moon is noticeably a lighter champagne colour.... something in between white gold and gold. Because its the good stuff, you get less of it and more costly to use and not available otherwise. Now that it's here I can start thinking about the next canvas....perhaps something different.





No comments:

Post a Comment