Sunday, January 17, 2016

More experimenting

I still need more work merging gold edges into my oil paint......edges are definitely a challenge.  The camera is not sympathetic to my cause either! It exposes everything I can't see while painting close up...... so studying progress shots like here in between can be very effective in detecting visual flaws or deciding what to do next....especially at the end.

CANVAS 1018 12X24

After some study, I decided to do a second layer of gold along with a bit of cleanup work on my horses.

SECOND SESSION - COMPLETED CANVAS
Canvas 1018 oil on linen (1-13-15)

DETAILS BEFORE AND AFTER
Before
After

I like the direction my crop details are taking on.....perhaps better than the whole. Adding additional layers of gold improved the texture and depth..... in my book that's a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment