Monday, January 15, 2018

Grey Day Rain

Today its just flat out raining hard! Too gloomy to paint! Not much to say except the ice is melting in the pond. Fish are happy.  Spent some time making 16x20 atmospheric colour chips.....nothing to write home about. I should have added some metal leaf.


Yesterday I varnished the last (2) big oil and metal works.....always like to see how they come to life. I plan on hanging both canvas at Crossroads Monday. The Neo Megilp worked well as a fixative for my metal leaf. Happy about that.


Nickolai Walko, a young artist whose work I admire is being honored with an exhibit at the Rutter Family Art Foundation in Norfolk Va. Opening the 19th - The private invitational showing for "EXPOSED" is on the 20th from 6 to 8pm 


Other news, I was just awarded Oil Painters of America "Signature Status", as it turned out one of my more challenging goals. So all the more sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment