Sunday, August 31, 2014

More AIR - canvas 921 & 922

Yesterday, I thought doing some quick 20x20 colour studies before each large AIR painting would be valuable as possible reference points. When I put a 20x20 on the easel.....IT LOOKED LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP! This morning it still did! I'm not so sure I want to waste energy on stamps! However one interesting thought comes to mind.... they could be colour bits and arranged as one major piece. 

 I can call them BITS of AIR.......nice to sleep on it sometimes:=)

BITS OF AIR
921 AIR 20x20 oil on linen (8-20-14)
 922 AIR 20x20 oil on linen (8-30-14)

I rather enjoyed doing these.... they were quick and to the point. The only question left; can I actually use them as possible guides for my next? My 66x72 canvas is on the easel and ready to go in the morning. Can't wait..:=)

Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment