Monday, October 23, 2017

Binge 3

I liked the last two canvases, the 1st, better than the 2nd. The 2nd sparked an idea I ignored after a quick ink drawing made that evening. The ink drawing was a formal mirror image design, architecturally structured..... something that appealed to me, plus, I had a colouring in mind. 

Yesterday, during Swimming-in-Paint I jumped right in on #3. The only thing I can say about DAY 1, Yikes!!!

DAY 1 - ROUGH START

"I retreated back to the studio and went to work!"


DAY 2
 Tribal 40x36 oil on linen (10-23-17 canvas 1178) 

OK! Not exactly what I had in mind. However, it did give me a better understanding of how I wanted to use colour.... different ways of breaking it down with shapes and brushwork. Time to move on... #4

UPDATE!
  Tribal 40x36 oil on linen (10-23-17 canvas 1178)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment