Thursday, October 26, 2017

Binge 5

I'm beginning to feel like I'm making samplers. A bunch of different candies in one box. You know, some you take a little bit and put them back until you find your favorite piece. Bingeing is a similar process.

This one reminds me of Xmas string lights, so it has a title! XMAS LIGHTS!

DAY 1

 Xmas Lights 36x40 oil on linen (10-25-17 canvas 1180)

MY FAVORITE PIECE

The cropped marginalization effect above is my favorite piece. Nice structure! Cool if it could be blown up on a 60x66 canvas and maintain energy, movement and more importantly the scale.

I guess this would be a whole body experience to pull it off......only if I were younger. Excluding that thought, to pull if off you might need paint shovels, big brushes, spatulas and lots and lots of oil paint, with a good dose of medium! Some of it would have to hold large textured forms too. Food for thought!
 
I'll pin it to the wall for future use.

On to binge 6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment