Saturday, February 15, 2014

More Venice painting

The same day, right after finishing my last painting, I did this 20x20 (same subject/view). I had some time and wanted to work on my sun a bit more using this particular view again. The parked gondolas normally found at this location were omitted to keep it simple. The painting didn't actually need them.....plus I was running out of time and light.

   888 Morning Promise 20x20 oil on linen (2-8-14)

MY NEXT PROJECT

My next project is a Venice commission based on a painting I did in 2011, one of the largest at the time, a 72x60. It was painted as a center piece for a gallery show and more importantly to break the 10k barrier using size as a weapon and give them a deal they would find hard to refuse. No question it would be too big for a lot of collectors but that didn't stop them from hovering. It didn't sell at that show but did at another one in 2013 for a more substantial price. What was interesting about it, more than a few where apparently following it around from the first show.

If I could point to a "best wall" painting that had genuine "jump factor" this is it!

550 Merging of Light and Water 72x60 oil on linen (7-5-11)

It's going to be fun and it's going to be a challenge!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment