Thursday, April 3, 2014

Migration- Day five

I noticed some colours got muddy at the base of my new co-star.....colour will fix that...could become a plus before the day is out......perhaps not too!

Object - cover the white canvas
895-5 detail - mud is improving a bit!

This session went faster than expected. I ended up with some time to restock the refrigerator and work on a little colt just above my black stallion...I also used lamp black more that once in this painting with good results. Not a colour I get to use often anymore. I like the sharp contrast here, plus he stops you from leaving the canvas....wonderful left anchor to Migration. My tree baseline found a solution along the way as I knew it would.

 895/894 Cleaned up version of panels 1 & 2 of Migration

Time to study the overall painting.  It has lots of areas to work on and it's dry, so anything I don't like can be easily removed. One of the challenges will be my foreground tree - may have to cover some stuff I really like for the greater good......I like how the base works tho.

Later...........

No comments:

Post a Comment