Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A weeks worth of paint and canvas

My small commission is similar to 847 A Day at the Beach (below). The family makeup is similar and only wanted it a little larger.

847 A Day at the Beach 15x30 oil on linen (7-3-13)

897 A Day at the Beach - Holland's 16x36 oil on linen (4-30-14)

My little painting turned out more challenging than first anticipated. I had to use more reference material, a different wave about the same time of day and of course the figures, dressed in familiar clothing. Success here will be if the family see's themselves at their beach day.......    

SOLD
892 Merging of Light and Water 48x44 oil on linen (3-3-14)

620 Ballerinas - Lacing Up 36x36 oil on linen (12-25-11)

Congratulations to Stravitz Fine Art Gallery!

Time to think about my next painting. In between my commission pauses, I stretched a few canvases, one rather large at 72x96.......perhaps a Koi.

Nice to be back to my daily routine! This weekend I'm also looking forward to attending LeGrands Fine Art Soiree on Saturday...nice way to spend the evening.

Later...........

No comments:

Post a Comment