Thursday, April 17, 2014

Monday morning, a new week, a small commission and big laundry list!

This week a small commission is in front of me, although I don't know if I'll get to start it. I have two upcoming exhibits in May, Crossroads and LeGrand's soiree. Both are the last shows of the art season before everyone heads to the beach. The paintings are selected for LeGrands, not necessarily framed, they have to be delivered by the 24th. Crossroads is later in May; it will be a major undertaking because of exhibit changes we'll make. Paintings from the last five years will be selected with each year featured, many for the first time. To compliment it, we are going to add a monitor with a continuous video loop of all my work from day one in sequence.....including rejects:=) Gotta take the bad with the good! The exhibit will run through the summer.

MY LEAD PAINTING AT LEGRAND'S MAY 3th SOIREE
807 Koi & Lily 60x48 oil on linen 2013

My new solo project at the Cultural Arts Center has to be curated now. Even though by installation time I will have new paintings to choose from, I'll earmark enough from my current inventory as a backup position. Some of those will be used at the front end for marketing purposes. Curating it now has another purpose; it will also give me a heads up on what additional paintings are required....my concern is the time consuming larger anchor paintings. It will move along smoother if I have a concept or an exhibit title in place....I'm hoping the paintings available will suggest one. Either way, I need it quickly. I have ad material due later this week too. So a small commission painting might be a good thing right now.........because this is a big laundry list!

Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment