Day two - was about pulling together a reference to get the ball rolling - it took some time, eventually I went into my trip photos and came across this sunrise shot off the coast of Nags Head, North Carolina. I especially like the atmospheric value and the sun just creeping through the cloud cover. I'll change the bottom and add a few beach lovers walking along the waters edge.
I also turned the all most square canvas to landscape. And, came up with a title.
Moments Alone
A quick outline using Alizarin Orange (Williamsburg) with Gamblin Neo Megilp Medium
I'm starting in the lower middle to establish a break-line for my eventual horizon. The lower section will fall in place once the sky is completed
Work table is a bit tight but workable. By days end my color pallet is in place - a critical fist step. I can come back to the same mix each day.
All cleaned up and ready for Sunday painting with visiting SIP artist Mike Haubenstock - I also have a new collector picking up a Enhanced Reborn Original of Hard Right.
Until tomorrow







No comments:
Post a Comment