Monday, August 31, 2026

Swans Are Heading to the Finish Line - 1507.4–7...and Lost

I finally got back to the easel on Wednesday.  I lost a few Days to Gallery business. Last session Sunday below. 

Sunday - days end, canvas 1507.3

I'm going to treat this as a top down painting, by working on the distant lily group at the top of my canvas.

Wednesday  - days end, canvas 1507.4

 
This was a great day at the Easel, more like old times. Everything moved at a fast pace - The painting was in a good place for the next session.
 
Thursday - days end, canvas 1507.5

My focused worked was on the Swans and foreground Lilies - The feature lily partially under water has a second pass and only needs a bit of punctuation.  

Friday - days end, canvas 1507.6

 

Second pass on lower  section - This was working.... until, the feature lily partially under water gave me heart burn....

Saturday - days end, canvas 1507.7

Punctuation time: My original feeling, this would be the last day on 1507 (Untitled). It started out that way, then I made the mistake of messing with the feature lily - LOL, it went down hill from there. 

After spending the whole day at the easel it was clear the painting failed - it was signed off as finished! I have been down this path a time or two.

 Sunday, August 30, 2026, today a new painting, or a eight day rework...mmm? Been down this path too.

We will know soon enough..... Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment