After a long dry spell as a daily painter, I am returning to my easel full-time - only now it's in a gallery setting. Perhaps, the way it's suppose to be. Starting this week I will be working daily on a new series titled Swan Songs. Only kidding!
Right now painting is done in a alcove at the French doors (which open) to the court yard.... very cool indeed! The light is good on sunny days. I absolutely loved watching and hearing the children is the Pop Jet Fountain on the green while painting last week. However, too small, plus we have shorter dark days coming our way fast - the fountain will be winterize shortly for Holidays.
WINTER STUDIO
So, I need a winter studio with controlled lighting and space to move around. The center court gallery where we had small solo exhibits fits the bill.
It would place in me center stage so visitors can either watch and chat or view the gallery exhibit without interfering with the studio process.
With that in mind
Monday was my so called day off - I got busy on the Center Court "Studio".
First project
I went into my art storage and pulled all my 8x10 canvases. There were 181 left - many were early works and plien air done over the last 16 years. Later years the 8x10's were made from roll cutoffs - no point wasting good canvas. Once my larger paintings entered the picture, they were rarely shown, if at all.
You might ask why?
The center court has something left over from the old days when the gallery housed Hollister Co, hidden by black drapery perfect for displaying my Tiny Bits
Thank you Hollister for leaving this BIT behind when you left.
BEFORE
TINY BITS never looked better!!
The Tiny Bits are important to this new studio idea. They're small original paintings - an affordable way for someone to buy their first original, give one as a gift, or simply take home something they discovered while watching me paint.
An then.... Yesterday with Blake's help
The center court was cleared of the big center table - LED lighting was changed out for 5000 daylight bulbs, my easel and glass top work were moved in.
In celebration of my new painting dig and new series - My first subject will be SWANS - I wasn't kidding about Swan Songs.
This kind in the pond
OR another kind of Swan




sm.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment