Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Saturday, Water Swans have it today | Session 1507.1-3

I finally started daily painting Friday, a bit late in the day. The swan choice is the kind that fly, and love the water. 

LOL, earlier I pulled out the Black Swan Painting from storage and brought it into the center court, my original idea.  Going through my references it didn't take long to know I needed some easel time before venturing down that path again.

Friday - start of canvas 1507.1

 NOT off to a GOOD START

Too many lines - more marks than are necessary! The swans only required two placement lines and let the paintbrush do the rest!
 
Friday - At days end canvas 1507.1

Saturday - days end of canvas 1507.2

My last minute brainy idea making the pond bottom visible caused me to keep working on the foreground.... don't believe ever done before - top down or center out and the lead swan first. A  bit out of sequence. However, I rather like where it's going at this point.

Tomorrow is the first Sunday 1-4 live painting demo at the gallery. We didn't have a lot of time to get the word out, so instead of doing a start to finish demo, I'll continue on with this painting, 

 Sunday 23, 2026 

Early Sunday morning I increased the LED lighting level quite a bit. Saturday it was on the cool side and affecting my colors so I added more cool interspersed with some warm light adding a little warm sunshine. Big improvement! 

Sunday - days end of canvas 1507.3

 The lead swan fell into place rather quickly - unfortunately every once in awhile a painting will go sideways.... no picture of how I ended up here. At the last minute, I blended out the entire background for a another day. 

Monday was taken over by loose ends.

Looking forward to painting on it today.

Later 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment