Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canvas (851-5 day five)

I knew this painting was going to be a BRAT!! Five days in, and the end is no where in sight. 

The big umbrella in the sky and big dude to the right will never work! I also don't like the big beach cart...all too much like a cartoon for my taste.....is it worth fixing? My experience says no but my nature is to trash it or fix it!

Right now I'm ready to trash it, stop wasting my time and paint my wave.

 Canvas 851-4 66x60 oil on linen (8-4-13)

For the fun of it I decided to move this figure forward and break my seated figures

It worked! I don't want to waste any more time here. It's more important to quickly get rid of the big clumsy umbrella shape in the sky....could change my  thinking.

NEW REFERENCES


 

I removed the umbrella shape and the big dude is barely visible in the clouds - good move.


 Cutting deeper in, my lifeguard reference taped to my canvas, I added a suggestion of an ocean

 Getting the scale right is tricky -  He's background and placed lower in the sand closer to the water at a different level. The sky was still wet, I removed the paint at my vermillion umbrella...I want it very saturated.
 
 Maybe....I need a sand line; remove the beach cart and the rest of the dude.

Second pass with sand line established plus two more figures blocked in.

Full view at the end of session five - I completely removed the beach cart and big dude. The painting is working much better now. Good to go for tomorrow.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment