Monday, August 26, 2013

A bit of fixing

Here I go again...messing with an old painting. You would think previous experiences would tell me...no! But, this was a good painting from the start, not a disaster heading for the burn bin or deep storage. It was framed, hung in a gallery for awhile, had a great sky and wild ponies...however something was off. I needed a donation painting and thought it was a good candidate - all framed and ready to go, so I pulled it from storage.....gurrr. 

What wasn't so obvious before, was now glaring at me. My group of lazy ponies needed more left side balance! I thought my cloud reflections accomplished it but a bit too weak. If I was going to donate it, I would have to fix it......you know that never goes well.

  Original painting
739 Wild Ponies 48x48 oil on linen (10-13-12)

 Modified (8-24-13)

PROGRESS DETAILS
 
1st pass - looking good 


2nd pass - completed

The ticket was adding two more ponies, however it was difficult merging them in without reworking some of my waves and beach areas. I may have compromised my paint quality a bit, but I expect the painting is better for it....back to storage.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment