Thursday, March 8, 2012

Attention to detail is important

Tuesday as planned, I loaded the SUV with a few paintings plus the big one, #740 and headed to the beach gallery. Beautiful cold sunny day...no tornadoes!

The gallery is very white, including a pure white floor - very popular in beach communities 20 or 30 years ago. It's a mid-century look,and it's well maintained, so it still works. However, the white walls are problematic for certain kinds of paintings....LOL..yeah, as in my big one! I indicated in an earlier post, I was concerned because it is darker and more somber than either study.

The painting works but, not what I nor the gallery had in mind for the beach or my WOW! feature painting. It was instantly clear, I needed a higher key, cleaner painting that would sparkle against a white environment.

White walls are very effective and sparkle with Halogen lighting. The art pops, the walls recede, however a bit trickier with a sunny day and lots of natural daylight competing. It will look better at different times of the day.....So, back to the easel.

The reason I was successful as a designer and now as an artist is my attention to detail. I always knew if  I presented a quality product or design in its best light - it would be successful and accepted. If it filled the needs of my client, it would be financially rewarding. Art is no different!

It's in my best interest and my new gallery's if I take the time to fill both our needs, making good art they can sell and the best walls for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment