Sunday, March 11, 2012

Progress - LED Studio Lighting

LED lighting - after a bit of research I went over to Lowe's yesterday and bought  small and large LED daylight lamps, each with a 5000k daylight rating - The smaller one I flashed on my glass palette and the larger at the center of my easel. At first not so impressed - not exactly what I saw at the gallery. I left the lamps in - this morning I turned my lighting on with a fresh 66x56 white canvas on my easel. Bingo!....This was not so bad after all. I just need a few more. The light on my canvas was very clean, much like I experienced at my all white beach gallery.

Yesterday it was shining on a painted canvas so it was absorbing light and not reflecting light as in the white canvas. In this case it really shows how clean and bright it really is.

Right now, I'm more than sold. A few more lamps and grey days or night painting won't be an issue. At this point I would go with the larger lamp - seems like a better deal.

Small lamp - Utilitech  #O321353, PAR 30 Dimmable indoor reflector 5000k, brightness 600 lumens $1.63 per year to operate @$39.98

Larger lamp - Utilitech #0321682 PAR38 Dimmable indoor reflector 5000k, brightness 810 lumens $2.17 per year to operate @$44.98


No comments:

Post a Comment