Thursday, March 22, 2012

Morphing with an end goal

Eye Candy 

 #643 Dawn - Virginia Beach 44x40 oil on linen

After 3-years I think artists are like morphing moths continually emerging when the time is right. Each time we're different, each time with different rules, until we finally shed our wrappings, take control, and come into our own. 

It's a simplified description of a very complicated or sophisticated process - I wouldn't have noticed it other than I’m on a fast track, and very deliberately heading for a planned end goal. 

Talking with other artists, which is sometimes difficult because we all have different end goals, stated or not. Oddly, artists are well organized as a group, but not individually, at least when it comes to art. Or as frequently stated by many "My passion"....makes you wonder why they don't give it proper prospective and do something about it - Take it seriously!!

I can quickly tell when an artist is focused on an end goal, they understand what I'm saying and can add to the conversation,

As a designer and space planner you quickly become organized, form a plan, and do it! Organization is a discipline critical to success, completing a series of tasks getting to the end goal in a timely fashion....dismal outcome without it

I'm always astounded and have great admiration when I meet fellow artists, who, against all obstacles, make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment