Friday, March 23, 2012

Blog Venting

 EYE CANDY

#632 Parliament 30x30 oil on linen - 23k water gilded frame Sold 3/21/2012 

Up at 3:00am with no plan other than knowing it was a waste of time staying in bed thinking. Thinking and sleep don't mix. Sometimes good things come out of it like making a choice - many of my solutions as designer and now as artist develop from this process - then I fall asleep - however I would rather sleep when hitting the mattress. When I wake up I like to take a few moments to plan my day and move on it. In my experience those are my best days. When I'm working on a painting over a few days, I like to review my progress a bit; maybe plan my move before actually falling asleep. It means I'll wake up with it and continue on.

I finished a painting a few days ago and didn't start a new one. I had to stretch a few canvases, get a painting wrapped for shipping to Florida. Basically all the things a working artist does. My studio, including the rest of the house, is now reduced to pathways  - paintings stacked everywhere - unopened boxes....SERIOUS CLUTTER. I hate clutter, here I am sitting in the middle of it. If I'm painting, I don't pay attention to it. That night I went to bed with it - tough night with no solutions.

It meant I probably wouldn't paint the next day either. I should have been thinking of my next painting - that blank canvas on the easel...instead I'm thinking of tearing the damn place apart...I diddled a bit yesterday - made bigger paths LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment