Thursday, April 9, 2020

A colour chip to a bigger story

This morning I decided to paint instead of gambling on the market. Not quite ready to tackle a large canvas described in my last post a warmup made sense. A colour chip, a smaller canvas to figure a few things out first.... a bit of advanced problem solving.

Colour chip
Canvas 1326-1 at end of day with movement lined 4/8/20

First thing paint in the movement lines established last post. My canvas is vertical and narrower than my references and required some adjustment. The lines reset my scale in seconds to fit. I pick a spot and start. In this case, the first lily pad set the scale for the rest by working out from it to the next.

1326-1 Detail

Today was a good day, I'm no longer concerned about capturing the green luminosity in my reference. I have a good idea what colour will make up my palette also.

To show scale, canvas is 40x36

Poodle butts on the loose.
I'll post daily progress to completion opposed to my normal "LONG" post. 

SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment