Thursday, April 16, 2020

Canvas 1327, 2nd day

My day ends when the sun hits the canvas around 2pm in the afternoon, time to play with the poodles, have lunch and take a few photos. 


A second layer on yesterday's base work in the center of the canvas was merging the left-side completed during the first session. Working my way down, the movement is there, the morning suns glow is forming up well on water's surface interlace with bubbles. Some of this will have additional punctuation towards the end. I'm ready to move into the lower section, some preliminary movement is established by loose expressive brushwork.


The rest is in the Details....





Old habits are hard to break! My photos, held in my hand are second nature, glance here and there, adding elements not there, making sure shapes are reasonably correct, light and shadow rhythms are maintained.  I suppose a security blanket, there when needed. At some point a painting takes over and guides you the rest of the way. Like anything, the first day was tough letting go. By the end of this session my monitor finally took hold. Now there is a free hand.... perhaps a new tool!


SIPSwimming-in-Paint


No comments:

Post a Comment