Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Canvas 1327

My Easter or yesterday were not painting days. Yesterday morning was dark grey and rainy, put me in no mood to start a new painting. My last post got me streaming Monet and Mark Rothko documentary's on U-tube. Timely, they oddly reinforced my thinking about this collection of paintings started. Now I want mood via colour, clarity of design and surface simplicity through execution. Each in their different ways reminded me of that.  Perhaps the Mies van der Rohe "less is more" theory.... just the essential omitting the superfluous covers it best!
  
I did develop a Photoshop reference for my new canvas 1327. The last reference was modified dramatically, this was no exception but in a different way. There is no loss of photo quality. The highly refined wet glass-like surface reflections are intact. The overall colour was adjusted a bit to fit my concept. I'm looking at how details make transitions not a duplication of the total.

The whole is made up of beautiful details

 Starting point
Early sunrise reflection on my crappy deck pond 4-10-20

Aspiration for canvas 1327
Modified, reshaped and colour toned in Photoshop

Time to dump my photo-in-hand when painting.... again! I originally purchased a touch screen monitor thinking it would be better, but I preferred using the scroll function on my mouse for serious closeups in nano seconds. This time a plain monitor will work well. No paint or fingerprints on the screen either.... a problem with the last. Nasty day gave me some spare time to check it off my list!

Heart of my heart formed by two spotlights on 50x44 canvas

No need for direct internet connection. I have access to all my files via One Drive synced with my main computer. Plus, it will save a bloody fortune on printer ink and photo paper too! An excellent tool and not shuffle a bunch of photos!!

 All setup and ready to go!


Canvas 1327-1 at days end 4/14/20

The upper portion will have fewer lily pads than my reference.The dark areas are in place and need little work from this point on. I figured out how to make the bubbles. This whole section is a complicated because of the sunrise.... and lots of little bubbles. My guess will dramatically lighten the top portion. 




SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment