Saturday, May 2, 2020

Altered states canvas 1329

By now it is obvious my fascination with Photoshop! Digital art is growing like weeds in my little domain. I am way too late for that game. However, Faso's Boldbrush monthly art contest just put a new light on it by adding digital art as a category. A category I might be able to have some fun doing and see a result for do so.

REFERENCE, a good 30-minutes in Photoshop
 Fun stuff to do with a good digital capture.

If converted to a TIFF file my little creation could be printed on paper or canvas as wall art, could be embellished, signed, and dated, could be a one-off original signed print too! And, could be a fabric without a repeat! Vista print will do it in a flash. Wall murals too! I suppose endless possibilities if time permitted.
Violet is my new green!
For me, today it is about colour, I must retrain my eye to look at colour differently than the representational artist I am. Violet is the new green. Photoshop can help me make the transition quicker than the trial and error method.
Altered States is appropriate for this painting.

Side view showing blue accent colour

ALTERED STATES 32 x32 oil on linen 5/2/20 (canvas 1329)

I was not sure it would work but now believe it will. I am not looking for the graphic, hand-screen look in my reference but a touchable oil painting with depth of field.

FRAMED

It was always my intention to paint the sides bright basic colours - if you will the missing 3rd colour of a tricolor palette. Now on the floater frame instead. I love the contrast! At a distance with lights on a soft glow enhances blue tones in the painting. Closeup it vibrates :=)  Progress.... My first of (6) 32x32 canvases is complete!

DETAILS

Tomorrow is SIP Sunday at Crossroads where I will do a portrait of Barbara Byrd on a 30x30 canvas. I am looking forward to my "masked" friends' company....

SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment