Friday, May 8, 2020

Back on my project!

My deck pond is starting to cover over, a few buds visible.... only if you look hard. My little portrait redo is off the easel. So back to my project for me! Seriously great moon last night - never think about my phone as a camera for moments like that.... odd!


CANVAS 1332  
32x32 linen session one (2nd of 6)


Not sure what to expect from this canvas, there was a plan.... this is not it! Adding the Provence Violet Bluish (Williamsburg) background, a last-minute thing altered it.

Second session



Happy where it ended today, just hope the paint will be dry in the morning. The back ground is made up of two colours. I mixed Charvin's Cerulean Blue into the Provence Violet Bluish altering it towards blue on my way down to the bottom .... no white. At the top, the Provence Violet Bluish is pure, straight from the tube. Under LED lighting it has a gorgeous glow emanating outward.

Third and last day

Background is not dry.... Today was interesting, I ended up sinking the Koi deeper into the water, and think it worked well. There was also an additional layer of paint on all the lily pads.

Untitled 32 x32 oil on linen 5/8/20 canvas 1332

 In the frame

A detail

Some of my day was spent with Cesar Santos on U-tube and all my evening after purchasing his Secrets of Portraits Painting video.... Something like 20 hours will keep me entertained for a while. Ever since we started this portrait thing in SIP, I realized a need for serious practice. As luck had it, I stumbled on some short Santos videos yesterday and a long 3-hour one today which sold me he was a good fit. 

My next two paintings will be portraits, one in the studio tomorrow and the other at Crossroads on Sunday during SIP.

SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment