Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sunday Selfie

My new toy an older I-pad found in drawer collecting dust for a few years. To my surprise still worked. After playing with it for a while ended up taking selfies for a possible self-portrait.  The I-pad without its cover is a slippery little devil. I ordered a Gooseneck Tablet Holder by Lamicall from Amazon. Cost $36.99 and delivered the following day. Could not be happier with it!

Tablet holder 
clamped to my studio easel.

Our SIP Sunday sitter  had to bailed at the last minute. I was good to with a few selfies on I-pad and game on! 
"Selfie"
 Okay, but no idea who this guy it is!


A few hours later it started to come around. This was the first time I used the I-pad setup as a painting tool. And I like it! I also painted sitting (not norm) so my palette ended up in my lap, it worked well. However, everything else I use not on my palette is awkward. Something to work on this week.

 LEFT SIP WITH A CROOKED NOSE!

Happy with the bold one stroke layering system here. Also went back to my standard palette.... The last 15-minutes I did pull out a tube of black, I have a big tube!

 BACK IN THE STUDIO
At a distance and various lighting conditions revealed a few things that need a bit more attention. Like that crooked nose! A few well-placed marks did the job!


Only thing missing - years!
Selfie at Seventy-nine 24x20 oil on linen 5/24/20 canvas 1338
 .

My favorite part is the chin and yellow logo! It was good experience. Still need more practice in the studio this week.


SIPSwimming-in-Paint



No comments:

Post a Comment