Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Spring ritual

Every year around this time I paint peonies from the garden in memory of my mother-in-law Vera White. She was a faithful gardener and loved peonies. This year her garden is not fairing well. Plus a new weed-wacker guy managed to take out several of her prized peony plants! We are left with a few scraggly ones to beautify.... the job on an artist! I only have today so it will be Alla prima....
.

Vera White at 89, 24x18 oil on linen panel 9/17/09

Spring Ritual!
No frill setup with spotlight


Better if placed higher on the canvas! However my view was looking down. I did intend for this to be a dark painting.


2020 Garden Peonies finished!
 Red Heads
 24x20 oil on linen 5-16-20

An enjoyable time monkeying around with paint. Adding random last minute stuff to the bottom portion was the highlight.

Favorite Parts



SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment