Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Canvas 1330 & 31 Barbara Byrd

God! I need practice!! Normally I can wing it but Sunday not working. I typically hand-off the canvas to the sitter and this was no different. On reflection I should have scrapped it and started over!!

SIP SUNDAY (5-3-20)

I have a few shots of Barbara, so I'll do it again today in the studio. 



IN THE STUDIO

 SINGLE SESSION
 Barbara Byrd 24x20 oil on linen (5/5/20 canvas 1331)
.

The session lasted about 8-hours straight! I added lamp black and yellow ochre to my palette. Not used either in years. I had it and still good as new. I use few earth colours. Funny thing, all this broke my focus away from my Koi collection. I like these two colours very much, in fact have a plan for it in my Koi Series. One of those before you go to sleep thoughts.... if remembered in the morning - good to go!


SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment