Thursday, August 16, 2012

Progression 1 - conclusion and moving on

I'm back, I had a lot to do over the last few days and the weather nor my camera were cooperating. However I did continue painting my little 8x10 series. 

As of Monday I completed (14) 8x10 Alla prima sunrise paintings; (2) that morning 715 and 716. All (14) are posted here and on my website  Collection

Nice but rather static so maybe Progressions 1 has run it's course. 

 715 Sunrise 8x10 oil on linen (8-13-12)


 716 Sunrise 8x10 oil on linen (8-13-12)

It's time to evaluate my little collection and more importantly what can I do with it? Do I retain it for future use as colour chips? Certainly these little paintings would be useful references for larger gallery paintings or do I send my little  paintings off to galleries to be exhibited and sold? 

After lining them all up trying to make sense of it. I had 2 basic landscape settings and a couple of odd balls. My biggest issue......typically horizons didn't line up and the sun was always in the wrong position to be viewed as a set...so with the exception of a few which will be sent off to galleries, my collections highest and best use is reference material for Progressions 2, a more organized effort. 

My conclusion didn't surprised me because the exercise was about painting my impression of the suns stages, not about marketing, presentation nor selling. That's done with a concept and a plan which I now have in Progressions 2!


I even have a favorite I won't sell 


713 Impression Sunrise 8x10 oil on linen (8-12-12) - Private Collection

I think this concludes the 1st series
 Mission accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment