Monday, August 27, 2012

Progressions and Obsessions Chapter 2 (day 3)

Getting out of the cadmium sky smoothly has been a struggle and trying to use the two original panels was perhaps not a smart move but maybe this is the learning cure I have to go through.  


Studio progress shot showing all (3) panels lined up

730-3Transition panel 60x48 oil on linen (8-24-12)

Most of  Friday was spent working my 730 panels background, breaking down large shadow areas at some level reducing fussy areas and increasing negative space......after awhile algae gets boring...another issue to deal with. 

Detail of Koi

Still not working on the Koi other than some edge shaping.

  PROJECT RECAP

There are some things I didn't care for at the end of my 3rd day. I originally thought I could transition out of  them but now I don't!

I still like the concept, but I think it needs more planning and a fresh start. But first, I have to work my way through these 3 panels making them presentable.....Later

No comments:

Post a Comment