Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Progressions and Obssessions - Chapter 2 (day 5)

Yesterday I thought this whole project was a crash and burn - even this morning I thought the same - wrote my RIP blog too....didn't post it tho. 

My left panel 730 was completed as a single painting which I did (see below) - I simply didn't like it with the other 2. 

If I want the original 2 panels to work I need another right hand panel and I can't get around it either; especially if I don't want a middle seam.......Gurrrr 

I really wanted a fresh start and not waste any more time but this is an unresolved issue that won't go away.........NOW WHAT? 

 REWORKED 683 PANELS 


Basically there is nothing wrong here other than subtly calling for a 3rd panel to balance it out as a single composition - if I do it, I'll surely encounter other problems - however this is not bad looking and perhaps worth more time.

I have a blank panel, so there is nothing in the way other than a trip to Norfolk tomorrow morning. Good timing - it gives me some down time to ponder it a bit more...nothing like a good drive to sort things like this out....progress:=)


MY ONE BRIGHT SPOT - NOW SINGLE

730 Koi and Algae 60x48 oil on linen (8-26-12)

 Detail panel 3 
This is my favorite section of painting over the last (5) days. The one in blue and yellow pattern ROCKS! 

If I do the 3rd panel, it's reasonable to think this could possibly still work as a transition panel...hope someone buys it first!

Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment