Monday, August 27, 2012

Progressions and Obsessions - Chapter 2 (day 4)

4th Day and a new lesson - aside from yesterdays...LOL! Today I inadvertently encroached too far into my center panel and at the end of the day it diluted my cadmium sky even more......typical salvage job problems that can be solved....right!

I also have an issue with my right panel at the lower right corner - my colour is leading me out. Basically the composition is asking for another panel on my right side, but it won't solve my overall problem.


END OF DAY SHOT

 
Studio shot of all (3) panels

730/683 (3-panels) oil on linen 60x144 (8-25-12)

It's pretty clear the painting is calling for a a 4th panel on the right side to balance it out which I won't do.

683 Detail (lower right corner)


683 (2) right panels after modification - better but still wanting an additional right panel...gurrr

730/683 (left 2-panels) oil on linen 60x96 (8-25-12)

As two panels it almost works, but not for me! I don't mind seams but not in the middle!!

730 PROGRESS 

I am not in bad shape here at the end of my 4th day and making some progress. My Koi only requires some details - perhaps dressing them up a bit:=)

730 Left panel oil on linen 60x48 (8-25-12)


730 Detail

RECAP

I have a few issues with the original 2 panels and a possible solution.  I'm seriously leaning to my 730  panel as a standalone....something to ponder.

We'll see....




cc

No comments:

Post a Comment