Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Progressions 2 - getting it right

I took my day off and worked on my studio space cleaning and a bit of wall painting. The next day Saturday, I got back to what has now become an obsession...painting!

Saturday morning I painted 723 and 724 hoping to replace my sets 4th and 5th stage. 

 723 Progressions Sunrise - 4th stage 8x10 oil on line (8-18-12)

Original 721 4th stage


 724 Progressions Sunrise - 5th stage 8x10 oil on line (8-18-12)
an acceptable replacement
 Original 5th stage


 Shown as a set with new replacements (hard to see here)

I sorted out my issues of the 4th sun being to cool and the 5th sun in the wrong location.  As a set it works.....or does it? I handled my paint heavier not as soft as the original albeit not noticeable at 6 feet. On close up inspection it was obvious - my 5th stage could pass but not the 4th.

After sleeping on it I came to the conclusion not to waste anymore time making changes. The set has a flaw - better to start over.


No comments:

Post a Comment